SHARE

The ugly stalemate between the San Diego Chargers and and Joey Bosa has finally come to an end. The Chargers announced on Monday that they’ve signed their third overall pick to a four-year deal that will include a team option for a fifth year.

The signing ends a 31-day holdout that got testy last week after the Chargers publicly shamed Bosa during negotiations, claiming that he had turned down one of the best offers ever given to a rookie.

Despite the acrimony, the two sides were able to hammer out a deal before the Chargers final preseason game, which means Bosa could be available for Thursday’s game against the 49ers.

“We look forward to having Joey join us and getting him prepared as quickly as possible for the 2016 season,” said Chargers GM Tom Telesco said in a statement.


Source: CBS Sports Headlines / Joey Bosa ends ugly stalemate with Chargers, signs four-year deal