I’m not trying to ruin your day, but what you’re about to see may cause you to lose your lunch if you’re a die-hard college football fan.
Specifically, if you support one of the following teams (among others), this may be tough: Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, North Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Florida, Florida State or Miami.
Why? Someone has swapped your favorite team’s helmet with rival colors. Thanks, internet!
You can view the entire gallery HERE, but we’ve taken the liberty of ranking the best looking helmets below because, well, some of these actually look fantastic. Seeing a logo through a new color scheme brings out a completely different look that you never thought possible. In some cases, dare we say, it’s actually better than the original.
10. Mississippi State in Ole Miss colors. Ole Miss’ crimson and blue is a great combo, and it just works with the ribbon and letter font.
9. Kansas State in Kansas colors. Hey, at least no one can say Kansas doesn’t look good. The blue, yellow and red that normally gives the Jayhawk some variety translates nicely to the Powercat logo.
8. Minnesota in Wisconsin colors. Wisconsin’s cardinal really makes the Minnesota M pop against the white background.
7. Arizona State in Arizona colors. Really underappreciated helmet here. The color scheme is similar to the Ole Miss-Mississippi State swap, but the Sun Devil’s pitchfork is an added bonus.
6. Oregon in Oregon State colors. I’m glad this helmet features Oregon’s more traditional O rather than the wings. Oregon State has an underrated color combo anyway, so this works out well.
5. UCLA in USC colors. That this helmet makes an appearance should be no surprise. UCLA’s script logo is classic and USC’s uniforms/colors are universally considered among the best in college football. When these two teams get together, it’s among the best-looking games in college football.
4. Texas A&M in Texas colors. Aggies are going to hate this. I know, I know, I’m sorry. It’s just too beautiful.
3. Duke in North Carolina colors. Again, color matters most, and I’ve always been a huge fan of Carolina Blue. Somehow, some way, the Duke “D” works here.
2. Cal in Stanford colors. Cal’s script with Stanford’s cardinal? This is as classic as it gets.
1. Alabama in Auburn colors. [Ranks this helmet No. 1.] [Runs away.] [Makes Twitter profile private.]
Roll Tide, y’all.
Wink of the CBS eye to @Cameronolley
Source: CBS Sports / LOOK: Your favorite school’s helmet has been swapped with its bitter rival