On Friday, one of the most star-studded classes in the history of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame will be officially inducted in Springfield, Massachusetts. The presenters for Shaquille O’Neal, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming and the rest of the class have now been announced:
- Shaquille O’Neal will be presented by Julius Erving (class of ’93), Alonzo Mourning (’14), Bill Russell (’75), Isiah Thomas (’00)
- Allen Iverson will be presented by Larry Brown (’02), Julius Erving (’93), John Thompson (’99)
- Yao Ming will be presented by Dikembe Mutombo (’15), Bill Russell (’75), Bill Walton (’93)
- Sheryl Swoopes will be presented by Van Chancellor (’07), Nancy Lieberman (’96)
- Tom Izzo will be presented by Gary Williams (’14)
- John McClendon will be presented by Wayne Embry (’99), Sam Jones (’84), Isiah Thomas (’00), John Thompson (’99)
- Zelmo Beaty will be presented by Lenny Wilkins (’89, ’98, ’10)
- Darrell Garretson will be presented by David Stern (’14)
- Cumberland Posey will be presented by Earl Monroe (’90)
- Jerry Reinsdorf will be presented by Phil Jackson (’07), Scottie Pippen (’10)
It seems like Yao didn’t want to choose anyone who would look comically tiny next to him. Good call.
The ceremony will begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday and it will be aired live on NBA TV. There will be a lot of legends on your television.
Source: CBS Sports / Presenters announced for 2016 Hall of Fame class featuring Shaq, Iverson, Yao