Job Title: Sports Entertainment Marketing Consultant
Location: Brockport and Fairport, N.Y.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Sports Entertainment Marketing is one of the most exciting and fastest growing career fields, and Genesee Media Corporation is offering an exciting opportunity to get in. Genesee Media, owner of 105.5 The Team, is looking for new talent to join its team helping clients grow their business through the power of Sports Entertainment Marketing.
You will be responsible for making a strong first impression and establishing a solid rapport with client prospects from which a long-term relationship can be built. You will act in a consultative manner to learn about a client’s needs, client’s industry, decision process, and understand how Genesee Media Corporation can help them exceed their business objectives through multi-channel marketing using the power and enthusiasm of sports.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding entry-level position and we provide the training. Very successful Sports Entertainment Marketing Consultants can be financially rewarding compared to other careers. If you’re part of the 5% of the population who can look past 20 “No’s” for that one “Yes”, this position may be for you.
This is not “sales” in a traditional manner, but business development. Compensation is based on performance; those that perform will be compensated well and offered career advancement opportunities.
- Searching for, qualifying, and closing business utilizing any available source to generate leads such as trade magazines, industry news sites, and blogs.
- Partnering with prospective clients to understand their business needs.
- Designing creative marketing campaigns with the help of our team.
- Creation and presentation of proposals to clients.
- Continuous management of client accounts to understand success, and to build long-term relationships.
- Achieving monthly revenue and/or activity goals
- Utilization of our Customer Relationship Management system to log activities
- A passion for Sports, Business, and helping businesses succeed
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Marketing, Management, Commerce or similarly related field necessary
- Aptitude towards Marketing, Sales, or Customer Service necessary with previous experience preferred
- Very strong self-motivation and a self-proficiency
- Extremely good organization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office a must, experience with Adobe Audition a plus
- Creativity in writing skills or theater arts also a plus
- Demonstrated, strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented with a focus on teamwork
Genesee Media thrives on diversity. We encourage anyone with the desire to be a part of an exciting industry, the drive to perform and the requisite skills to apply.